Even the most experienced Athletes may find it difficult to find a good muscle building programA multitude of factors should be considered when trying to build muscle such as the type of equipment you use, the exercises you try, and the length and intensity of your workouts. Furthermore, you must hange your lifestyle radically to achieve the best results. This requires resting well and eating sensibly It can be an overwhelming process, especially considering all the new research and information that is constantly being released by the scientific community. However there are a number of key factors that have stood the test of time, and helped to build muscle quickly and efficiently.
1) Eat more protein: Amino acids are needed in order for your body to perform protein synthesis The Biological process that helps to build muscle! If you don't have the proper building blocks, you can't expect to build a house. Muscle Building is the sameA Study in the Journal of Applied Physiology recommended that anybody trying to bulk up muscle should be aiming to consume 1 gram of protein for every 1lb of body weight
2) Exercise Multiple muscle groups: In many health magazines and articles, there are isolated exercises for particular body parts. When strating training however, it is important to have ggood overall shape and definition, so try and train as many muscles as possible.After you have been muscle building for a time, you can then perform more isolated exercises Some good compound exercises are bicep curls, squats, and leg extensions.
3) Increase Calorie Count: If you are undertaking a muscle building regime, you will be losing hundreds of calories more than you have before. You therefore need to consume more calories to make up for this loss, and prevent your body from burning muscle! Consider eating six small meals a day instead of three large ones
4) Lose fat: If you are looking to build muscle and are slightly overweightdo not neglect losing fat. Even if you develop a substantial amount of muscle volume, it will not be visible if you have a layer of fat covering it. Losing a bit of fat will give you great definition.
5) More Sleep: There is a saying in the fitness world that if you sleep like a baby and eat like a horse you will grow like a weed. After a muscle workout, your muscles will have torn. In order for the body to repair itself, you need more sleep, and studies have shown that the growth hormone is released while you sleep.
6) More Carbs:Try to eat foods high in carbohydrates such as Pasta an hour before your workout, this will give you energy and ensure you are not dipping into your protein stores for energy.
7) Medium intensity workout, often If you try and lift weigts too heavy too soon, and only do so once or twice, you will not see the results, and will be sore for days.Instead, choose weights that are manageable but do a few high rep sets. The burn you will feel in your muscles is lactic acid, which releases growth hormone and stimulates the growth of muscles.
8) Don't do aerobics when you are weight training: If you attempt too much cardio exercise while trying to build muscle you will burn too many calories, and won't get the best results.
9) Persevere:Building muscles does not happen overnight. It depends on the intensity of your workouts, the quality of your diet, and your genetics. Not everyone will attain results at the same pace. However, some improvement should be noticed in two months. If it isn't, it may be time to change your regime.
10)Drink a lot of water: One pound of muscle needs 3 pounds of water to function properly, make sure you keep your muscles hydrated as this will improve the results and definition achieved.
11) Use free weights: You have more versatility with weights than machines. They force you to keep control and balance yourself, making for a more intense workout. In addition, free weights imitate natural movements, reducing the likelihood of injury.
12) Isolated Exercises: After you have been building muscle for a while, it becomes more difficult to improve on your results. The best technique to continue with your progress is to concentrate on big muscle groups like your back, chest, and legs.
Credit : Marc Cohen
More For You...: , , , , , , , , , , , , ,