Snoring is crude sound, which originates from the vibrations of soft palate and other tissues of mouth, nose and throat. It results from the turmoil in the air passage during inhalation. The turmoil is caused by the impediment located, anywhere in between the nostrils and the vocal chords.
The stumbling block’s effect may only be realized during sleep, or it may be found all time, but may gets worsen during sleep. It’s so as the muscle tone gets reduced during the sleep, and there may be too little too late muscle tone, to rule out the muscle tissue vibrations. As long as we are wake up, the muscle tone maintains the airway in satisfactory shape, thereby preventing snoring.
Snoring can come from the nose, oropharynx or the base of tongue, which is very often overlooked by the people, but it can turn out to be an indication of the physical illness as well, thus you need to deliberate on it. Recent researches focused on the crucial role of tongue in snoring, which was discovered more than it was conceived. Thus, snoring is nothing more than a corporal deformity, which can be only dealt with, after finding out its root cause. So read on further to find out its various causes.
Causes and Symptoms of Snoring
Very often snoring is associated with kowtowing to some of life’s entertainment; nevertheless there are various factors, which are held responsible for causing the snoring. Let’s have a look at them:
- Periodic allergic reaction block the nose, thus causing snoring.
- Block out nasal passage and/or airways either due to cold or sinus infection, leads to distracting snoring.
- A deflected Septum, which is a cartilaginous tissue, separating two nostrils of your nose, can also trigger snoring.
- Elongated and inflamed tonsils and adenoids, further lat the person snore. The two some provide helping hand in trapping the very harmful bacteria, but can themselves get affected, causing snoring at times.
- Consuming lot of alcohol can relax the tongue and the throat muscles amply, resulting in partial blocking of air movement, and thus causing snoring.
- The overweight has also got to do something, with the snoring, as the overweight people may have narrowed air passage, thus again furnishing favorable conditions for snoring.
- Position of sleeping also has relation with the chances of snoring, as people laying on their back exhibit more chances of snoring as compared to other positions of sleeping.
- Age too does play its role in snoring, as the older people are, more likely to snore on account of the wear and tear of the muscle tone.
- As far as the symptoms of snoring is concerned, it include varying pitched i.e. high to low, regular/irregular patterned sound, often coupled with the heavy breathing. So your near and dear ones, can easily let you know, whether you snore or not at night, by paying little attention to the way you sleep.
The importance of very effective natural home remedies for snoring just can’t be overlooked, keeping in view their effective results on the snoring pattern, without any kinds of side effects. Thus capitalize on following natural home remedies for snoring, to beat snoring.
Introduce 3-4 drops of warm Brahmi ghee (clarified butter), or plain ghee in each nostril in the morning and prior to go to bed. It’s one of the most effective and time tested natural home remedies for snoring.
Take 2-3 sips of olive oil before going to bed, which will certainly aid in letting you overcome the very problem of snoring.
Take some sage, followed by its boiling and allow the mixture to cool. Thereafter, filter the mixture, and use the mixture for gargling purpose at night before going to bed. It’s one of the most wonderful natural home remedies for snoring.
Abstain from consuming very heavy, spicy or buttery meal, during dinner, as they are known for complicating the problem of snoring further.
Take a mix of few tea spoon of honey into fresh lemon juice, and drink the mixture before going to bed, as honey works as a natural decongestants and antiseptic agent. So what are you waiting for, just make most of one of the natural home remedies for snoring to sleep well.
Be punctual in terms of sticking to the timing, for going to bed and for getting up. The patterned sleep routine is one of the very inexpensive natural home remedies for snoring.
Cutting down the consumption of alcohol, can go a long way in reducing the frequency of snoring or may even put an end to it.
Keep your body’s weight under control, in accordance with your height and sex. As mentioned above, the over weight too is the root cause of snoring, so check it to check snoring.
Diet for Snoring:
Include onion in your food, as they are notable decongestants, known for removing the block if any, found due to cold or flu, thus helping you to keep snoring at bay, as the snoring results from the very blockage only in the airway passage, isn’t it.
Hot food like garlic and horseradish, can further help you to knock over snoring, as it makes the airways and nasal passage dried up, removing the excess mucus from it, and thus removing the blockages.
Reduce the consumption of dairy products and abstain from any kind of milky beverages, prior to sleep.
Smoking is considered to trigger the formation of mucus in the throat, which ultimately narrows down the diameter of the airways, one of the root causes of snoring discovered so far. Hence, stop smoking immediately.
Avoid using sedatives antihistamines i.e. sleeping pills, as it affects the breathing pattern of a normal human being. Thus, if you really wish to conquer snoring, and then just abstain from their use, as by using them, you might end up in sleeping, but at the probable cost of other’s sleep!
All Home Remedies